Flywheel Removal

phonomenon

Hi all

Firstly i would like to thank all of you for all the advice you have given me so far!!!

I have come to the conclusion that i need to get my stator tested profesionally as i cant be 100% sure that im testing it right!

So i have got the cover of and found a nut lol can i safely remove the flywheel using a puller without mucking up the timing ect ect???

Or is the some sort of procedure that i need to follow??

As allways any advice will be apreciated!!

Thanking you all in advance

J

Yeah there should be a woodruff key on the crank which matches with a slot in the flywheel so you can't get the timing wrong, I say should as it's quite common to hear of beta's shearing the woodruff key.

But if your taking the stator off your going to mess your timing up anyway!

The stator is slotted to allow it to be rotated so the timing of the spark can be advanced or retarded as required, you can scribe a line on the stator and the engine casing so you can get the stator positioned as it came off then the timing will probably be ok as long as it was right to begin with.

if your using a puller that your putting2 bolts into the threaded holes in your flywheel just make sure you dont thread them in to much,or they will probably touch the stator windings in behind the flywheel!

i did it and its cost me dearly!

stupid mistake lesson learnt