Keihin Carb On 250 Raga Rep

andat

It's probaly somewhere in this forum but I can't find it...My recently aquired 08 Raga (250) with Keihin carb is running very lean which has been traced to a leaking rubber twixt cylinder & carb. Trouble is before it was diagnosed I have been meddling with tickover & mixture screw settings. Once the new rubber is in place I will need to set up the carb correctly. Can anyone out there give me a clue as to the correct mixture screw setting i.e number of turns out from fully in? Plus any other carb set up info will be appreciated. Ta!

It's probaly somewhere in this forum but I can't find it...My recently aquired 08 Raga (250) with Keihin carb is running very lean which has been traced to a leaking rubber twixt cylinder & carb. Trouble is before it was diagnosed I have been meddling with tickover & mixture screw settings. Once the new rubber is in place I will need to set up the carb correctly. Can anyone out there give me a clue as to the correct mixture screw setting i.e number of turns out from fully in? Plus any other carb set up info will be appreciated. Ta!

Each bike is a little different, as are the conditions that it operates under. For tickover, I set mine by (bike warmed up) puting it in first with the lever normally held in (with one finger, like I would ride, and not fully back at the grip) and then adjust the idle speed where I like it and this compensates for clutch drag and prevents stalling in the section.

For the air mixture screw, again bike warmed up, quickly blip the throttle from idle and adjust the screw in/out for best response.

This way you adjust the carb for your bike, under the circumstances in which you ride and the adjustments will most likely be a little different from anybody elses.

Jon

Hello andat,

I have a '08 Raga 250 too (I believe there were only twenty five official 250's imported...). I have fiddled with the air screw a bit as Gasgas UK said it should be about 1.5 turns out. But I find it runs the smoothest at 2 turns out. Must say it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. I have done about nine events now and never had the carb off. Will check the rubber now!

Regards, NAT.

You really should set the carb up so that it suits you.

For instance on my 08 Raga 250 I have the air screw at one & a quarter turns out and have never rdden any bike with a tickover, but thats

a personal thing.

Edited by jordi