4rt - Best Aftermarket Pegs

johnnyboxer

I like Hebo pegs as they are wider than some pegs, comfortable and really strong. However in my opinion you can't get a better foot peg than Raptor. They are wider still, rarely clog with mud and are really really strong. All pegs, i believe, on standard hangers foul the kickstart, you need to carefully file the kickstart to clear the pegs.

I have put raptor hangers on, they are rear set and the kickstart misses the foot pegs. The down side is reaching the rear brake pedal becomes a stretch, as i was bending rear brake pedals every other week at one point i've fitted a billet shorter rear brake pedal. You can reach it no problem but you loose a little bit of feel when braking.

I used Hebo pegs on Rapter set back hangers. Despite what people think Raptor hangers do bend & what used to happen was the kickstart jammed on the footrest when this happened. First job I used to do when fettling was to give the footrests a good crack with a wooden mallet to bend them forward.

Standard back brake lever is crap, as soon as it bends you have virtually zero back brake. I first up used a sherco one which is a straight fit, downside was it sits slightly under the casing & I alway thought one good crack & it'd be a new casing required. I then went onto one of the billet ones that Marky Boy sells, 100% correct length for set back pegs & 100% good quality, certainly worth the money spent.