Gasgas

slack

Hi to everyone & a happy new year to you all.

I have a GG 280 05 model which i've had for six months the bike its self i cant fault it until recently the carb seems to be freezing up on realy cold days. my mates sherco is also doing the same has anybody else had this problem & how did you fix it. also what is the correct settings for the air screw mine is currently 2 3/4 turns out is this correct as i cant seem to get the bike to tick over smoothly. i've stripped & cleaned the jets with carb cleaner & an air line.this problem has just started since the cold weather came. i know its cold up here in the north east but i did'nt think it was that cold. THANKS. :hyper:

Hi to everyone & a happy new year to you all.

I have a GG 280 05 model which i've had for six months the bike its self i cant fault it until recently the carb seems to be freezing up on realy cold days. my mates sherco is also doing the same has anybody else had this problem & how did you fix it. also what is the correct settings for the air screw mine is currently 2 3/4 turns out is this correct as i cant seem to get the bike to tick over smoothly. i've stripped & cleaned the jets with carb cleaner & an air line.this problem has just started since the cold weather came. i know its cold up here in the north east but i did'nt think it was that cold. THANKS. :rolleyes:

Hi Slack

go to the sticker shop on Westgate Hill and ask for a bottle of Silkolene Pro FST (any silkolene dealer can get it but I know they usually have it in stock). Its a fuel additive to stop the carb icing up, add 15ml per litre of fuel and then whatever two stroke you use as normal, this will cure the problem.

I think the Gas Gas filter is often damp with it being next to the hole in the filter box and that makes them more prone to icing up.

I'd leave setting the carb until you have the FST in the fuel at this time of year as this may be the issue.

Edited by Baldilocks

Thanks Baldilocks,I'd found some fst on ebay at kawasaki newcastle,was going to give it a try at the weekend. I had a scorpa sy before the GG and never had any problems with the carb iceing up or water getting in the air box come to that.Cheers.