Finally, A Use For Scooters

michaelmoore

:rolleyes:

cheers,

Michael

That's quite Python-esque, to coin a word.

The other scooter videos were very interesting and I followed a few for fun. Those guys get pretty serious with some of the mods (who knew about a drag scooter? Must be a handful through the lights!). I had a builder from England contact me a couple of years ago about performance mods on a YZ250 engine he had installed in a "sleeper" Lambretta, which is when I first heard of some of the unusual stuff they do to the donutwheelers. He sent some photos and the frame design and fabrication were outstanding. Hmmmmm, wonder what ever happened to that old Vespa GS I used to ride to High School.............

Jon

Hi Jon,

I don't think crashing in that armor is going to be a very comfortable process compared to modern MX stuff. But the MX stuff doesn't seem to be much good against lances. :thumbup:

Some of the race scooter stuff is pretty impressive. But then that's mainly a factor of getting someone who knows their stuff and how to do it to do the work, and it doesn't matter whether it is scooters, cars, or lawnmowers they'll all come out being very impressively done.

The folks who rode scooters in the off-road events must have been gluttons for punishment. :D

cheers,

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

The folks who rode scooters in the off-road events must have been gluttons for punishment. :thumbup:

When I was a very young brat (as opposed to my now being an old brat) I tried MXing my Vespa (only once.....) and quickly found out that the engine on the side makes them roll to the right in midair when jumped and almost lost my right foot when I crashed it (pulled it out of the way of the apron before it hit the dirt). Things happen fast on those things.....

Jon