Biggest Shock Of My Life!

one-dab-or-two

Had a brilliant trial yesterday, all the usual things. Great day out,good sections great company. but, I also had teh biggest shock ive ever had. Across the route to the car park, one large puddle (more like a lake as I was to find out).

After the last setion had been done I thought, 'yeah lets go for it', so 1st gear nice and slow. 1yard in, this iis good 2yards ooh quite a deep one! 3yards 1foot, b####dy hell. Bike sank up to the bottom of the exhaust!

After what seemed like hours of underwater gear changes hopping, pushing etc I manangerd to get out of a huge hole in the middle of this inland sea. Thank god nothing went in the exhaust and that the engine didn't stall. As it is, my brand new boots are full of muddy gunk!

Although I saw tracks going in, when i got out I realised that no one else had gone in as on my wheels when I got out was a load of plant stuff.

Would really like to drain that hole tto see how deep it is!

Iv'e learnt my lesson now. When there is a path around, go around! :D

Pete

Sounds to me like you left off the magic words before hitting it wide open in fourth gear.....

Hey Yall, Watch this!!!

Or, as was explained to me Saturday night if it is late in the afternoon,,,

Here, hold my beer and watch this!

Then, even had you not made it across it would still be a great campfire story.

sounds a bit like my dad. we were riding along on a trail, came up to a little puddle. we thought we could see leaves under water, an it looked about a foot dep. no biggie, lets go. so dad leads the way. my brother and i stand back and watch as he slowly sinks the bike right over the seat. he stalls the bike(he said it was on purpose to keep the bike from hydraulicing, but truth be told he had no kill switch) and steps off. by now the water is right up to his nads. he pulls the bike out, totally soaking, we cant stop laughing. luckily a couple other riders came along with a spare spark plug, because it was a heck of a push back, and we werent totally sure where we were. we went back about 2 weeks later, and there wasnt a drop of water in sight. the ground wasnt even muddy. go figure