Trials Pictures

pinkbike

I agree, the slower shutter speed does offer better results, the down side so far is that I suffer a lot of out of focus images. Panning works well if the timing is right. I also use a single focus point setting which I find helps a lot. Trouble is, if a bike is going away or towards you, you need the higher shutter speed and AI focusing, which then dumbs down the real movement in the shot.

I agree, the slower shutter speed does offer better results, the down side so far is that I suffer a lot of out of focus images. Panning works well if the timing is right. I also use a single focus point setting which I find helps a lot. Trouble is, if a bike is going away or towards you, you need the higher shutter speed and AI focusing, which then dumbs down the real movement in the shot.

that's about all there is about making a great shot :D i've been trying since the eighties and i'm still not happy with the results and know guys who do amazing shots all day that started a few years ago ...

that's about all there is about making a great shot i've been trying since the eighties and i'm still not happy with the results and know guys who do amazing shots all day that started a few years ago ...

Well in that case I take your comments as a compliment Ed. Thank you.

Another way to infer movement is to let the subject come to you as in the image of Donna Fox below. Prefocus on a spot and hit the button at the right time

post-787-1234823413.jpg

I also find that really tight close ups give you that feeling of movement as well...pic 2 Michele Bosi

post-787-1234823518.jpg

Edited by Slapshot 3

My favorite rider and photo.....

JA9K7130s.jpg

Thats what I'm talk'n bout! Good one there! Print it so he can be embarrased, later! :rolleyes: Like when you show them off at Christmas, and party's and everything else!!

Edited by copemech

Another way to infer movement is to let the subject come to you as in the image of Donna Fox below. Prefocus on a spot and hit the button at the right time

post-787-1234823413.jpg

I also find that really tight close ups give you that feeling of movement as well...pic 2 Michele Bosi

post-787-1234823518.jpg

Great shots Slapshot

Vinnie :rolleyes: