Gasgas Oil Change,where Do I Put It?

deckmaster01

hi people im new to this site,just bought a gasgas 321cc have never had a trials bike have been a mx lover but am gettin to old for it so thought id have a go at the trials and love it.only bought the bike a couple of weeks ago bought some new gear oil today as i noticed it was low,can anyone tell me where the top up screw is there is an allen screw just above the kickstart is this where i put the oil?thanks james

hi people im new to this site,just bought a gasgas 321cc have never had a trials bike have been a mx lover but am gettin to old for it so thought id have a go at the trials and love it.only bought the bike a couple of weeks ago bought some new gear oil today as i noticed it was low,can anyone tell me where the top up screw is there is an allen screw just above the kickstart is this where i put the oil?thanks james

James,

The Allen plug near the kickstart is a filler plug but sometimes it's faster to lay the bike on it's side, take the outer clutch cover off (use a new Allen wrench or cut off about 5mm from the tip on an old one as the small buttonhead screws strip easily otherwise) and slowly pour about 650-700 cc's of a light oil (Dexron ATF will work) on the pressure plate of the clutch. It's probably best to use a T-handle Allen and rap the top with a small hammer first to break any corrosion as the screws and cover are different metals and electrolytic action usually results.

Jon