2002 290 Back Light, Which Wires Go Where?

binnes

Managed to rip my back light off my 2002 290 the other day, pulling the wires out of the connector on the light's circuitboard. Can anyone tell me which way the wires go back in? I have looked at the wiring diagram but its not that clear and I'm concerned about blowing the circuit board if I happen to put them back in the wrong order...

Do you really need the back light, I'd just take it off!

If you really want it, I think there were 3 wires on that bike two switched power wires (one for the brake light and one for the main light) and a common earth, test to see which wire is the earth, I think this one goes in the middle but I am guessing as it has been a while since I took one off, anyway the lights are LEDs so you could check, diodes will only let power through in one direction. Thinking about the light will either work if you've got it right or not work if you've got it wrong, it shouldn't sort anything.

I'll have a look tomorrow to see if I've still got a old harness that I took off, I can tell you for certain then.