4rt Passes Endurance Test

munch

Well done Amos and the Spanish invasion!! :o

Heard a few folk comment on the 'noise', yup they have a bit more bark, but.....the 270beta has a fair old pop. A few of them failed the noise test last year.

But my main point would be.... at an increasing number of mainly 'modern' events lads are riding old 4 strokes , many of which have NO rear silencer on at all , (usually cubs) and make a right old racket.{im not saying they dont sound good!} But these seem to be acceptable due to ?? just nostalgia maybe.?

Before folks get carried away with the noise dabate (and im sure there will be quite a bit) i dont hear of many problems running the increasing ammount of classic and twinshock events!!

:D

If the bike glides over stuff like it looked like it did at the scott Munch, we will have no bother!! :lol:

If the bike glides over stuff like it looked like it did at the scott Munch, we will have no bother!! :o

I've seen a Sherco 290 glide over some **** that I can manage to hit like a sack 'o' spuds 9 times out of 10. :lol:

I do find it strange that we're going to four strokes to combat the emissions of two strokes, only to create a noise pollution problem, which will give us a damned site more local problems getting land than any emissions laws.

How about a conspiracy theory. If I were trying to do away with motorcycle sport, how about guiding the sport down the line of becoming super green by lowering emissions, knowing that overcoming this fairly invisible (to the general public) pollution will open up a whole new bag of worms - NOISE POLLUTION! Soon every happy clappy vegetable munching rambler will be on the bandwagon.

Just a thought....

But my main point would be.... at an increasing number of mainly 'modern' events lads are riding old 4 strokes , many of which have NO rear silencer on at all , (usually cubs) and make a right old racket.{im not saying they dont sound good!}  But these seem to be acceptable due to ?? just nostalgia maybe.?

Before folks get carried away with the noise dabate (and im sure there will be quite a bit) i dont hear of many problems running the increasing ammount of classic and twinshock events!!

Fair Point Marky Boy, on the flip side I had my ear drums popped by some young lad riding a 80cc GG the other Sunday........they can be just as noisy as one another :o

I agree with Gaz, the noise problem is an issue, I'm sure I read somewhere about one of the Jap manufactures making an ECO friendly two stroke, more so than a Four banger..

It is a stunning bike to watch perform in the scott, i did not think there was aloud bark from it when it was in sections, STUHRC was beside it on the moors, and where the rest of the riders were changing up or down on gears, he was saying that amos was what it seemed in a high gear gear and the mont was just pulling along effortlessly, at the finish a very relevent comment was made when amos arrived, it was one of the only bikes to come in with no steam or any signs of overheating

Very impressive

Vinnie