Fantic 200 Jet Sizes

somerset steve

Just spent out some of my hard earned dosh on a new carb. After replacing all the internals on my old one and it still not wanting to tick over bit the bullet and contacted Dellorto UK. Gave them bike details as they requested, received carb, all bar the pilot are correct. They have fitted a 48 not a 44. After an email to them and them checking there info a second time they are insistent that the pilot on a 200 Fantic 156cc should be a 48.

What do you think?

totalshell

what makes you say that the oko is miles better? Do you have first hand experience of the 26mm oko on a 200?

reason i ask is that i have spoken with Chris this morning, he is unwilling to sell me an oko for the 200 as he has not done the development work for this machine as he feels that a 24mm would be the better carb.

He also advised me to go with oe Dellorto from Bill Pye.(I will go with this untill he gets development done.)

Got to say I admire his attitude and the value he puts on his reputation, pity there weren`t more like him.

I may have got it wrong or it may be a case of a post going off topic ie 200 quetion 240 answer.

Be interesting to hear if a 26mm set up for 240 worked out of the box for a 200

Another point is that what feels miles better for the average punter will be far short of perfection to someone of Chris`s well tuned ear.

I`m rambling here

Let me know

Cheers

Whiz

Hi Lee

I have e-mailed you!!

Guys I`m not looking to upset anyone just need some help in getting my biike running the best I can, and this topic is very missleading

What would you guys do? fit the oe carb?

Whiz

I spoke to chris today. sure he could sell okos for the minarelli but his TESTING shows there is no real improvement.

Forget advertisngh and ebay box shippers...if the dyno says no improvement then why do it. i think he is testing a 24mm oko to see if bottom end is improved but would not commit. the guy does just want to sell a carby, he wants it to work propoerly.

:guinness: And if my experiences with the man is any indication ... He sells nothing until it's time ... You can't rush a craftsman , who enjoys his craft ...! And Lee if you see this , My hubs and Excels are on the way to Buchanons in Cali... To get a loose lace with stainless , they said it would be the quickest way since they didn't have the oe spoke spec handy and I'd have to send them samples of what I'm after ...

I'll get a few spares and get you the length . It's only time right , So I get to play with the TY and the Fm330 till then . (may take the 50 to a event ... just to try it out :lol: A little stop leak in the forks ...) Got any seal dimensions ?

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv