Last Of The Aircooled's

axulsuv

To any and all out there ,

Does anyone know if the 249 cc 1991 fantic 309 is a reed valve engine and if this would be a good choice for a 340 conversion into my spare 240 ? I may have a chance to get a complete 309 (blue engine ) for a siily cheap price ...

Glenn

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yses yes

240 vs 30XXX bottom end

PICT3268.jpg

cut frame to clear?.weld flywheel protection basr back on the inside

PICT3309.jpg

DSCF6116.jpg

add a head stay

PICT3236.jpg

you can use the airbox, inlet, carby (oko better) and the header

alsi to box if you can cut and weld alot

with 300 exhaust

DSCF5237.jpg

with 305 top end and hydraulic clutch

DSCF6118.jpg

Lee

Edited by Lee Harris

And wouldn't you just know it , Chris is shipping me a forged twin ring piston and tank for my 240 at this time . I'll have to ride the 309 and see how the motor compares to my excellently ported 212 barrel that I was planning on getting replated to match the new piston . Whomever ported this one back in the day new what they were up to , it's a whole lot different than the known stock cylinders I've got ... And I've already got enough new 240 ign. parts to last a lifetime ... What ign. is in the 309 ? I may just have a aircooled mono to play with too , instead of the cut and weld route ...

Glenn :thumbup:

all 212 and 249 motors had ducati after the 300. I would be interested to know what the ported cylinder is like. I posted a 243 once, as per original fantic works docs available via the ex imported here. The bike was horrrible for todays use, very peaky. Even with 305 flywheel and all weights added it was too much. Useless in mud. I turned an extra large flyhweel ring in brass to clm it down...then sold it. The buyer is a youngster who rides a 290 cabastany and a 240...he loves it!

Personally I think the color scheme on these Old Air Monos is too flamboyant to go stealing parts from them,I say keep it as it is and ride it!(you would have to get the appropriate day-glo kit to wear while riding it though :thumbup: )

3k43md3l7ZZZZZZZZZ9410fc638e4e45f1942.jpg

3na3p93o7ZZZZZZZZZ9412176c8ae04801df8.jpg