Which Wheel Bearing Code

steve1979

Hi guy's,

i have noticed i have some play in my front wheel bearings on my 2003 txt pro 250 i'm confused as to which bearings i need, there seems to be two types

6004 2rs or

6905 2rs

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Steve

Hi guy's,

i have noticed i have some play in my front wheel bearings on my 2003 txt pro 250 i'm confused as to which bearings i need, there seems to be two types

6004 2rs or

6905 2rs

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

I think the 03' takes the 6004 2rs, both front and rear hubs.

Jon

rears are 6004's but I would check the fronts, just changed mine on scorpa and they different front to back.

I checked the 03' parts manual and they list the 6004's for front and rear (with the GG forks). The Marzocchi forks take a different front bearing in the later models.

Then again, I've found parts manuals to be a "loose guide" at times........:thumbup:

Jon

Hi guys, yes as Jon says the gas gas manual state's 6004's front and rear and also the company i've ordered them from state's the wheel bearings are 6905 for the 2004 on wards so i'll take it they will fit. If they don't when they arrive i'll let you know after i've got my bad words out of the way :thumbup::o there not expensive but it's the time thing thats a hassle for me being in Shetland things usually take longer to arrive.

Cheers

Steve

Hi guy's

Thats the front bearings in and to confirm yes they were the 6004 2r, a nice easy job to do as well which is always a bonus, i popped the rubber covers of the sides and packed in more grease as there's not much in there to begin with, i had a look inside the old bearings and they were knackered, all dry and rusty.

Cheers

Steve