Gasgas 4 Stroke?

dpetrick

What's going on with the new Gas Gas 4 stroke? I haven't heard anything about this new bike since it's debut several months ago. Are they available anywhere?

They are not in production as yet. A new engineer from France is involved and they are making some changes to things such as valve size and acuation mechanism. I understand the RPM limit has been raised and they should have more than enough power and torque to tackle just about any obstacle. We're still waiting for a testing prototype here in the U.S. which should arrive soon.

As other manufactuers have found, you want to get it right the first time on a totally new engine. Sherco had initial problems with their 4T that gave it an undeserved bad rep for several years and I'm glad that their four-stroke is making a comeback, it's a good design. I know how much blood, sweat and tears is put into introducing a new bike, so I'm happy to wait my turn on the buyer's list for a new one until they are satisfied with the results.

Jon