Main Bearing Replacment?!

blackrandomapple

Hey guys, I have told my friend i will replace his main bearings on his sherco 250 2004,

I can do most things to an engine but i have never tried doing these,

Can some one tell me what tools i will need to do the job?

Do i need some kind of press/puller

Regards

James

I suggest you take this to the Sherco threads and take a look at some of the history within as it has all been stated prior and on the stickies on the RYP site that are posted.

There are hints and tips in the threads, but you will need a flywheel puller for sure. Rest is very striaghtforward.

I recommend you do your proper homework prior to disassembly, then you will be much better prepared prior to undertaking such a project blind and paying for the goofs! No easy answers here!

Alt, call Ham! :D

Edited by copemech

I suggest you take this to the Sherco threads and take a look at some of the history within as it has all been stated prior and on the stickies on the RYP site that are posted.

There are hints and tips in the threads, but you will need a flywheel puller for sure. Rest is very striaghtforward.

I recommend you do your proper homework prior to disassembly, then you will be much better prepared prior to undertaking such a project blind and paying for the goofs! No easy answers here!

Alt, call Ham! :D

Cheers, I have had a good look about and found some guides, Seems a pretty straight forward job to me, I got a flywheel puller already!