Ty175 To 200

ausy300pro

Note the the LC350 inlet has the carb set central in the rubber, this puts the carb very close the exhaust, and would put heat into the carb. This could cause problems with tuning.

The original TY one you will note is offset to the left.

Changing the airbox is an eligibility issue as is not standard and would be considered a major component. I just used a better quality air filter and not over oil the filter for better breathing.

subanator, You are correct in what you said about the position of the carb, but I have had mine fitted for over a year now with no problems(so has a mate of mine),if it does look a tad close you could always put a few washers behind the mid box fixing bolt to push it out a bit. with regards the air box, to date at all the classic trials I have done not a single person has mentioned it being a problem, its a home made item that could have been made back in the 70's. I think if you start to rob bits off modern bikes and fit, then thats not really in the spirit of the sport.

I Think on the inlet rubber and air box I will modify rather than change the parts, looking at the inlet rubber it looks straightforward to match the existing one to the reed block (a short time with the dremel or die grinder should do the trick), the comments have made me think about the carb, I was going to fit an OKO carb but I suppose that is against the spirit if not the rules aof any twin shock trial I might enter.

Still not found a supplier of a good quality +2.0 mm piston (and if I do they are apparently quite pricey) so unless anyone can point me in the right direction for a decent quality piston I might be forced into buying the big bore job from the majesty site.

Note the the LC350 inlet has the carb set central in the rubber, this puts the carb very close the exhaust, and would put heat into the carb. This could cause problems with tuning.

The original TY one you will note is offset to the left.

I think it is important to note here that Andy T lives in the UK while subanator and I live in parts of Australia that can get very hot. Some bikes that might never give a problem in cooler climes require heat shields to keep the carby cool when ridden here.

I Think on the inlet rubber and air box I will modify rather than change the parts, looking at the inlet rubber it looks straightforward to match the existing one to the reed block (a short time with the dremel or die grinder should do the trick), the comments have made me think about the carb, I was going to fit an OKO carb but I suppose that is against the spirit if not the rules aof any twin shock trial I might enter.

Still not found a supplier of a good quality +2.0 mm piston (and if I do they are apparently quite pricey) so unless anyone can point me in the right direction for a decent quality piston I might be forced into buying the big bore job from the majesty site.

I think you could get away with the 24mm round slide OKO, not the flatslide. I think this can be supplied as a "trials kit" also. The bigger carb will make a difference, as I inquired about this option to OKO Aust. I havent seen one done yet or heard of any either apart from the promotional one OKO Aust did. Dont know if the low down response is sacrificed or what airslide the OKO has, but maybe its more trailbike like in setup. This is where the flatslide has it over the round slide, crisper low down response. But for non stop rules, round slide should be ok really. I have achieved this with a modified DT175 carb.

Have look HERE for your pistons, don't know why but the bigger ones are cheaper, just for the records my piston is a IT175 and the port window is not matched as per original but the bike runs well, perhaps one of the two stroke experts out there will explain the maths of where it might fail. I don't think the cage has enough metal for you to remove enough to make any vast difference although I do know it has been done by others.

Thanks Andy,

I have sorted most of my problems with supply out now, can't praise JK Hirst at bradford enough and localish to me, I am getting a good quality +1.75mm piston from them plus lots of other good parts at a decent price, one word of warning for anyone looking at website, it is not working correctly so can't order online and some of prices are wrong, you need to phone them to sort it out, they are getting new site up and running soon, gonna go with that piston plus other mods and maybe electronic ignition, only trouble with iginition is I can only find one supplier and don't like to just go to the one supplier without having an option of another supplier with maybe a different price and different spec ignition, will post pics etc of my mini majesty when I get it back up and running, will just need advice on where to enter eligible trials round yorkshire area then.

Thanks Andy,

I have sorted most of my problems with supply out now, can't praise JK Hirst at bradford enough and localish to me, I am getting a good quality +1.75mm piston from them plus lots of other good parts at a decent price, one word of warning for anyone looking at website, it is not working correctly so can't order online and some of prices are wrong, you need to phone them to sort it out, they are getting new site up and running soon, gonna go with that piston plus other mods and maybe electronic ignition, only trouble with iginition is I can only find one supplier and don't like to just go to the one supplier without having an option of another supplier with maybe a different price and different spec ignition, will post pics etc of my mini majesty when I get it back up and running, will just need advice on where to enter eligible trials round yorkshire area then.

Glad you have the piston sorted. I will say the electronic ignition that I (and my mate) have got fitted came from HERE and would say its been spot on, and their after sales service has been second to none.