Gasgas Forks..

totalshell

changed the front tyre this pm ( first time i've had the front wheel off in the couple of weeks i've had the bike) when all put back together its no longer centred between the forks.

i've had it apart a zillion times since and it just wont centre up with the tyre been only about 8mm from the offside fork leg. i've a big spacer and thats where it came from beside the nearside fork but i cant see what or why the wheels not central ( without the spacer the wheel dont turn and the brake fouls the disc)

changed the front tyre this pm ( first time i've had the front wheel off in the couple of weeks i've had the bike) when all put back together its no longer centred between the forks.

i've had it apart a zillion times since and it just wont centre up with the tyre been only about 8mm from the offside fork leg. i've a big spacer and thats where it came from beside the nearside fork but i cant see what or why the wheels not central ( without the spacer the wheel dont turn and the brake fouls the disc)

What bike is this?

-Jan

picked up the wrong spacers ?

04 pampera. the spindle is stepped with a spacer approx 2 mill hard up on the inside of the nearside fork ( say its a spacer but its more like a thick washer for the bearing to butt up to.

every thing seems boilted up true but the wheel is well out of the centre.

looking at gasgas usa site ive all the bits and in the right place but it is certainly not central being only about 8mm from one leg and 15 from the other

The Pamp's front wheel is offset as std, for some reason. The thicker "washer" is the wheel spacer.

The caliper is on a sliding mount - if this binds you get the symptoms described!

Wiggle/hit caliper!

You could re-centre wheel with spoke adjustment.

Edited by motomerlin