Matchless 350cc Trials

richzj

HI all

The bike in question is a Matchless a g3lc trials 1957 ,according to the log book. I'm looking to lower gearing although all ready a trials model still to fast in sections ,gearbox sproket all ready as small as possible i think?Is there a primary sprocket with less teeth? Any help would be very much appreciated.

thank you richard

Assuming you have a 14 tooth gearbox sprocket, if you require a 1st gear overall ratio of say 30:1 then calculate what size engine sprocket you need and get one made using the spline from your existing welded to a machined blank. Alternatively. see what Talon Engineering can do for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Rear Sprocket is an easy mod, turn the teeth of fthe brake drum leaving as much meat as possible, then weld on a flange to abut up to it. You can then bolt on any size sprocket (can't go as small as you can with the standard drum). B&C express will make a sporocket to measure, to fit any internal Diameter. Advantage is its quick and simple to change gearing, without stripping down clutch etc (or half the gearbox on my rigid).

Edited by Matchlessman