Rossi / Lorenzo Dice

subanator

Must have been one of the best MotoGP races of all time to date. For those who missed the dice in the final laps of Yamaha team mates Rossi and Lorenzo was something I havent seen since 500 GP days.

To see these guy swap the lead corner after corner in the final lap was simply amazing, and it could have ended in tears if one rider took the other out, real heart in the mouth stuff.

The skill level went up a notch watching this, super-human skill pushing the bikes to the limits in 40degC something heat.

Whats more is Rossi, Lorenzo and Stoner are on 106 points each in the championship, some competitive racing to come for the next 7 rounds!

Who's your money one for this season? I reckon Rossi just has the final say in most dices (Stoner last year), seems he can pull that rabbit out of the hat when most needed.

yeah was certainly an entertaining last few laps!

i really thought lorenzo had it when it came to that last corner.

Ive had my bike go sideways by wheel spinning many times, but thats generally when the roads are very cold or damp and im travelling in a straight line. to do do it on scorching hot race rubber on a nice sticky track while lent over on your knee, well thats just insane!! muchos kudos to these guys!

Andy.

yeah was certainly an entertaining last few laps!

i really thought lorenzo had it when it came to that last corner.

Brilliant race. He had got it. Unfortunately, seems he decided to get Rossi back for brake testing him on the penultimate lap and did the same himself on the last but one corner. That caused him to run wide enough to let Rossi through. If he'd have just held his line instead of trying payback he'd got it, Rossi was beaten.

Although he must have been gutted at least he had the decency to get off his bike, take his helmet off and do an interview holding a pleasant demeanor. Unlike Rossi at the last race who sat on his bike and kept his helmet on refusing to acknowledge Stoner or Lorenzo at the end. When he did finally get off his bike and walk to his pit crew Lorenzo held his hand out only to receive the most cursory of touches from Rossi before Rossi turned away. How different yesterday when he was happy to crash Lorenzo's TV interview to make the point he had won.

Whilst he's a brilliant rider there's a dirty side to his racing that is ugly. Brake testing riders takes no skill and is not gentlemanly, it's as good as cheating in my view, he's done it to several riders over time, Stoner in Laguna Seca last year and Lorenzo in this one. He punted Gibernau off the track a few years ago and should have been black flagged for it but got away with it. He pushed Stoner to the edge of the track twice in Laguna Seca down the main straight, which is what Stoner wasn't happy about. He now hangs his leg out ridiculously wide going into corners to try and block someone coming through. Someone should run into it.

At least now he has a team mate who has equal equipment and with the single tyre rule (I hope) Rossi can't have special tyres anymore, so his team mate is giving him a good run so he's not having it all his own way.

Stoner or Lorenzo for the title with any luck - hopefully Stoner purely for the way he hangs onto that Ducati and gives it everything but particularly as he has no ridiculous post race celebrations with which to 'entertain' us.

• 2 weeks later...