Scorpa Starting

roscoe

I have an 03 and don't have that problem unless I open the throttle slightly when trying to start the bike. It my be your starting technique. Leave the throttle fully closed and don't open it until the end of the kick. If you open it prematurely it will never start. You need also to kick fast. I last had a 4T bike and occasionally I laps into that starting method. How is your idle mixture? When the bike is warm can you roll on the throttle quickly without the engine hesitating? Try adjusting the Idle jet and the idle. Good Luck you have picked a great bike.

Doug Wilson

!00% Pilot jet to lean & possible to much idle air adjustment.

When you ride for a while and the shut the bike down the heat at the cylinder etc rises very quickly as there is no moving air to keep it cool.

The cylinder temp always climb once you turn off the bike ;)

Once you go to start it again the bike could be very warm and making the mixture go very lean.

Just like the problems old turbo cars used to have. In the older turbos you could not just turn off the engine as the heat would rise and eventauly fry the turbo bearings. In some of the older turbos when you shut off the ignition switch the fan keeped running untill the bearings had cooled down.

The evidence here :lol: is that you have to use the choke to get the bike started. When you use the choke you are giving it more gas.

Also try some of DFWilson suggestions, but my numerious expierences with this same problem of starting a very warm bike always ends up that the jetting is way to lean.

BillyT