Carole Nash Insurance

I'm trying to get my SWM on the road to have a crack at some of the Sammy Miller rounds.

It seems for older bikes, Carole Nash is generally regarded as about the best bet.

So, having tried to get a quote online and failed as "SWM" doesn't appear in their drop down menu, I decided to call them up.

Now, this is not the first time I have rung someone for an insurance quote in the last 47 years....but was certainly the only time that I have felt I was being tucked up before we even started.

The lead question was "How much was I expecting to pay"....and then a rather protracted reverse auction process began, with the guy eventually starting off with "The figure on my screen is

When I tried to insure the Jumbo, I had the same problem in that Carole Nash didn't have it listed and couldn't do it. I never got as far as you did, even though I had 2 bike policies with them and 1 car policy.

As I had another long standing policy with Norwich Union through Swinton brokers I tried them. They were able to insure it but as it was added to my existing policy (which takes up to 4 bikes) there wasn't an actual premium for the Jumbo itself, it was just an add-on fee.

Going back to Carole Nash, the policy they operate for bikes also allows multiple bikes. Even though it is one policy, each bike has its own certificate and is insured seperately meaning that if they all get stolen they are all covered. The premium is generally based on the highest rated bike and other bikes are just subject to an add-on fee, similar to Norwich Union (except I don't think NU offer this anymore) Any bike prior to 1984 I think, is regarded as a classic and therefore has a cheaper premium. If memory serves I have 3 bikes on a classic premium which costs about