Looking For Advice

ibanez

Hey up all

Im from Evesham in worcestershire, I ride a GSXR as my everyday transport but have very little off road experience and am quite keen on getting a bit muddy, it seems the only off road sport local to me is trials. Could anyone point me in the right direction for a complete beginner in trials and also how to find out about events local to me.

Many thanks

Brad

Hi Brad, Im sure Pete (Scorpa3) will post shortly hes near Evesham and runs the Stratford upon Avon Trials club, theres quite a few clubs around or near you and quite a few places to go practicing within 30 mins. Youve just missed two trials near Chipping Campden but there are plenty of helpfull people around to guide you in the right direction.

I think Stratford have a Trial at the begining of August, best bet is to come along and have a chat and find out whats what, its a great sport,good laugh and great people,keeps you fit as well and will help the road riding no end

Edited by The Addict

This sounds much more promising, had been looking at grasstrack but Id of had to travel miles and miles to anywhere. Just been looking around the site, feeling really keen now, also been looking on the bay at bikes hehehe. Glad to hear theres some local practice tracks, gunna need a lot of that.

Should think I'll be doing the next Stratford Trial Brad, dont rush into buying a bike yet untill youve had a go on a few, Ive got a 4rt Mont which you are more then welcome to try if you turn up sure a few others will let you have a quick spin on theirs as well. I,ve had a go at lots of bike sports and nothing comes close to the enjoyment and challenge of Trials riding, the advantage of starting out in it is you will learn new things every time you ride and wont break any budgets doing it. You should get a good starter bike for a grand if you wanted,boots/clothing etc prob 300 quidish which will last years.

All bikes have their good and bad points and some have unridable power for most of us so dont jump in before at least asking on here or trying a few out, maintenance on Trials bikes is really easy and as long as you keep on top of them they will run for years.

Well after an ask around a gas gas 270 came up at a cracking price, couldnt restrain myself and had to have it. Benn having a ride around on the flat doin figure of 8's tighter and tighter, generally getting the feel of the bike. Loving it already.