Maintaining Low Speed

sandy

Hi, I have just purchased an oset bikes (small one), but i am having trouble trying to keep the bikes at very low speed, is this normal? i set the speed with the throttle right open and adjust t down to slow walking speed, my riders are still trying to get to grips with the brakes so don`t want it any faster, when it is turn off by the key then back on again after a minute or so, the speed increases (fast walking pace), also the speed adjust seem very very sensative, i`m worried that the speed could increase whilst the bike is in use, and as this little machine is so powerful it`s quite scary to think it could take off with my little one on board,

any tips or advice??

The speed does seem a little more sensitive to me on the slow end of the dial.

We had ours starting to speed up on us and it turned out the throttle assembly had gone bad. Our bike was similar to your problem at first, but the bike would not stop with out shuting the key off. The good part is the bike was only walking speed. I called up OSET and they were very,very helpful. :thumbup: We ride ours in all kinds of weather and water does get on the bike often and this is the only problem we have had. The parts was easy to install, the grip were the hardest part, we use PW50 grips and I reused it from the old one.

Good luck!

Dj

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...