99/2000

colly

hey, what are the 1999/2000 txt 249 like, on reliability, some one wants to swap one for my beta. how do i tell the difference between the 99/2000 model, and also is there any problems i need to look out for on these? thanks colly :(

reliability is the dogs(good), or that is what i have experienced in my 2yrs of ownership of a 249 gasser yr2000.

The 2000 model has a seat unit then a short rear mud gaurd where as the 99 has one piece seat and rear mudgaurd.from memory also i think the 99 has GASGAS visable on the airbox.

Get your heavy beta swapped asap!

My 2000 model was one of the best bikes Ive had, Ideal for a beginner or a clubman . exellent suspension, nice smooth power, 6 usable gears and good reliability in fact good enough to sell to a friend who is still using the bike now!

It pays to find one in top condition, mine was as new when I bought it and I kept it well maintained (Its new owner just seems to ride and wash it though!!) :(