South Yorkshire Newbie

helimed98

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself and ask for help. I am new to the sport and would like to know as much as possible before i start to buy anything. I am 6"1 and 14 stone, whick bike would i be best suited to (does it make any differance) where are the nearby clubs i live in Rotherham and also my son 12yrs also wants to start with me, would we be better buying the same make of bike.

I would welcome any help Thanks

Doesn't really matter beyond which do you feel comfortable on. Some like a Solid bike where a BETA REV3 would suit, others prefer a "light" bike where Gas Gas reign, (although the EVO BETA is nearly as good). Sherco are a good "in-between" and Scorpa a solid alternative. Montesa's are the best Four stroke for MOST people but are "different".

Getting two bikes of the same make does help and your son should be Ok with a 125 version of whatever you get. The major thing is that any spares should fit both bikes and maintenance will be exactly the same as well.

Clubs wise Barnsley, Sheffield and Hallamshire run trials in your area. Huddersfield Falcons are also nearby.

Edited by Telecat