2010 Nationals

wesyde

How's about the format goes to 3 or 4 regional series, say 6 rounds. and the top 3 of each class are invited to ride a 2 day winner take all national.

so 4 regionals = 12 riders per class.

Sounds good to me in theory......but reality is always different.

not sure of the viability of it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So-- whos in for trying something on the west coast this next year-- i have spoken several folks in the oregon seattle area and to some folks in the Socal area--so whats stopping us?? lets make this happen-- all we need is say 3 venues to run a 2 day event-- that gives us 6 rounds-- that should be a good base to start-- and maybe we can build on that as it becomes more popular??--somewhere in the keysvilleare that socal use and a sactopits event and one other in oregon? thatkeeps travelling to a minimum-- could even run a twin shock class too??----ideas?? interested??

Adrien, check your email. I sent you an outline for a West Coast Regional Series. I need some input. Martin

Martin--got your e mail-- sounds good-- just need to get folks motivated--will be at Keyesville this weekend and speak to VOTE club and we are planning a trip to the Columbia cup this next year with our youth team so as Mark says i think this would work really well as a northern round-- just need to sort out a venue here-- i have an area fairly close that would be fine for a 2 day on private land !

What do we call it?--

Would it be inconceivable to allow us in the Great White North to host an event in a west coast series, possibly around Vancouver, maybe in conjunction with a Canadian National?, or am I just hoping for too much?

Spencer Fitschen

Spencer:

Just curious about what sanctioning body you are thinking of hosting a national, and what time of year. I am holding a WEC national in 2010 in late may early June. It just seems we have so many events, and not enough dates. Would appreciate your input.

Steve

Hi Steve,

More long term thinking than set in stone plans, we have yet to officially support a national sanctioning body, but are keen to help get Canadian trials on track with a fully supported National series. I have been toying with the idea of trying to host a NATC national in Canada (maybe far fetched), in conjunction with a Canadian national, but have been told that the AMA wouldn't support such a move as it would infringe on the CMA territory.

The Americans are facing the same problem as us in terms of travel costs and distances, the option of a western and eastern series with a runnoff is not too far fetched, if the runnoff rotates between the east and west.

I have never attended a NATC National but after going through their event packages on the web-site, and talking to many people that have, it would appear to be a very well thought out series; the two countries may be able to gain economies of scale by co-hosting a couple of events a year, for us it could bring the best North America has to offer to Canada, likely resulting in positive exposure and growth in our sport.

More just shooting from the hip Steve, and my appologies to all for hi-jacking the thread (Blame Canada).

Spencer Fitschen

Your best six rounds will count. So for west coast riders you can ride OK, CO, & CA. For Eastern riders OK, NY & RI. That doesn't seem so bad to me.

What about central US were out this year the west was out last year. Attendence drops every year. This year without TTC may be the fewest ever We have young riders that would be sitting at the top of the Expert class or entering Pro that sat out all year last year because they cant afford to travel

Spenser Posted Today, 10:58 AM

More just shooting from the hip Steve, and my appologies to all for hi-jacking the thread (Blame Canada).

Oh ya gotta watch out for those Canadians eh. They are up to something.........Nobody can be that friendly of a neighbor and that quiet with out planning something...................... :thumbup::thumbup:

Lotsa friendly people I have met in Canada.

Spencer:

No worries! I was just curious is all. I too have had those very same thoughts about how cool it would be to have a NATC event in Canada. Ater all, NATC stands for North America Trials Council. Of course, I was also informed that the CMA would not look upon it too kindly. I guess the consalation would be the NAMU events, but they too seem to have fallen by the wayside. Its tough to organize any good National series with the sheer size of our country, and it seems that the US is now suffering from the same pains we do. It is one reason why I believe in the new WEC series. It has been there mandate from the beginning to have 4 events each year for the National Championship. 2 West, and 2 East. It sure seems fair to me. One trip for everyone who wants to make the championship, and events can alternate between clubs each year keeping it fresh!

Keep up the good work over there and the progressive thinking! Wouldnt it be cool someday to see a World Round in Whister village!!!!

Steve

What about central US were out this year the west was out last year. Attendence drops every year. This year without TTC may be the fewest ever We have young riders that would be sitting at the top of the Expert class or entering Pro that sat out all year last year because they cant afford to travel

I will remind all here that the NATIONALS are like Bacon and Eggs! The chicken participated, but the pig was committed!

One might find many that are not up to it, yet there may be others that can commit! Pick your poison or stick with your regional events!

Nothing wrong with either! 6 of 10 huh? I could do that! If I wanted! :thumbup:

So with a clubman line ,lets hope the support route steps up to something that doesnt require 30 plus cleans to win the event,it has gotten quite a bit too simple on days with relatively decent traction. I know people will say ride ES if you want more challenge . So now that will make for sections with 4 split courses? That will be less ideal also. If the Cayuta ,NY Natc is at Reeds farm lets hope they find a way to figure out some way to set a pro line that doesnt reqiure flight for life medvacs as the super steep virgin ups and downs were quite a bit too risky for what reward is on the line for those guys. Was that Will Ibsen crash a factopr in his retirement?

Edited by northernnorm

So with a clubman line ,lets hope the support route steps up to something that doesnt require 30 plus cleans to win the event,it has gotten quite a bit too simple on days with relatively decent traction. I know people will say ride ES if you want more challenge . So now that will make for sections with 4 split courses? That will be less ideal also. If the Cayuta ,NY Natc is at Reeds farm lets hope they find a way to figure out some way to set a pro line that doesnt reqiure flight for life medvacs as the super steep virgin ups and downs were quite a bit too risky for what reward is on the line for those guys. Was that Will Ibsen crash a factopr in his retirement?

Will Ibsen has retired?