Kiehn Carb And Power Reeds

1sherco1

Didn't notice you are on a 125. I gotta agree with ShercoRider. The 125 needs a whole different attitude then us lazy big bore riders have. I still like the reeds for helping low down chug but that's limited on a 125. Clutch and throttle are your best friends for hard acceleration.

Slightly contradictory or is it that Dabster prefers a softer bottom end.

No, Dabster is correct in that they do seem to work a treat in the big bikes, and fact is HE is the one that put me on them many years ago.

Suffice it to say that even though I ran them and the were butter smooth in the 125, that would likely do nothing for an agressive 125 rider, and one still cannot produce magic out of a 125. A more aggressive teqnique in needed, along with the other things I think. As if you let them drop off the powerband, you are screwed! The reeds ain't gonna help you except maybe on the top end!

The trick to the 125's to me is managing the power and clutch to keep them in optimum power range and gear at all times. This is a skill thing, and with stock gearing usually does not extend beyond second gear, which is why the top riders go to the 46-48 range on the rear to manage third gear on the big stuff.

Everything here becomes a tradeoff as compared to the factory setup! Pick your poison! :)

Any ideas as to what jets you would use in a keihin for a 09 sherco 125?? if anyone that has any jets in their's that make it go like a rocket.. that would be kewl :) (just out of interest)
:rotfl:

45/125 seems to be the standard set, your mileage may vary!