05 Bars

luke

if you use "industrial " type ratchet straps with a delta / hook combo and weld the two parts of the hook together then loop the strap thro the delta it will not move , this is the system i use instead of the cheap bike shop type straps and it worked on my husaberg (magura tapers) fine :D

Get yourself a pair of "soft straps" luke. They're like a short piece of tiedown with loops at both ends. Loop them over your bars, then put the tiedown hook through the loops.

The added benefit is not only does it make tapered bars easier to deal with, but also protects the bar from wear of the hook...particularly important with all these reports of bars breaking we keep hearing :D

I put my straps around the bottom fork yoke. you can push the hook from the tank side through and under the nunber board. if your straps are long enough use hooks at both ends to tie down on trailer/van etc if not once the hook is through slip the strap into the hook and tighten.

Saves marking your bars and the chance of the hook moving or coming off altogether

• 2 weeks later...