Boxing Day

pat slinn

HI, Somebody out there must have a good tale or two regarding a boxing day trial, passed or present. Amusing,

or a hard luck story, or both !.

to kick off I'll start, I started up my C15 just to "check it out" on Christmas day afternoon in (I think) 1964. I knocked it into 1st gear and there was a "orrid" clunk, so I pulled the engine out of the frame took it into the warm kitchen at home at striped it and cured the problem. ( a tooth had fallen of a gear). My mom was not amused when I pushed the bike into the kitchen to fit the engine back into the frame, it had got very cold in the shed!, but she turned out as usual on boxing day with large flasks of hot coffee to warm everybody up.

Anybody else have a story ??. Happy new year. Pat.

as my other half had to work, I took the opportunity to repair my fibreglass tank in the kitchen on boxing day. Despite the best efforts of a 12" extractor fan, the heady cocktail of polyester resin, petrol and cellulose paint aromas ensured a good bollocking and a spell in the dog house..

Still ...hopefully my crotch will be petrol free on new years day...........