E3 Sparkies!

copemech

Ok well I have been putting off initiating this thread for some time, but yet I do wonder if anyone has tried them and their results.

After a mention some months ago about their supposid availability for the Mont, I was qurious enough to look them up on the website and read up upon all their jargon. Trust me, I have seen many such claims over the years of improved WHATEVER from sparkies! Mostly BS!

In my experience, there are some things that work, and others that simply do not, and it varies by application so much that in a business sense I never vary from the factory recommendation, not an inch! As there can be many unexpected pitfalls between brands and ratings on plugs! Always go with what works! And when you vary, YOU are the test pilot!

Now in a personal sense this can vary, as I can try whatever I like! And what I tend to like as my typical varience from stock is the VX non resistor plug in the Sherco (BP5EVX platinum) which has been in the bike for over two years without problem. So seems proven as compared to the standard plug, I even run a bit wider gap at .7mm for theoretical eficiency of conveying ignition to the gas, even though magneto style output is poor at best! Resistance to fouling is another important point in which the platnum plug seems to excel and give longivity! Keep some heat in the motor, let them warm properly , then clear them out a bit by revving the s&8T out of them along with a good hard run down the road is my motto! Keeps plugs and muffs clean and happy!

Anyway, reading all the blog, I figured I would give the E3 a go, specially since it was less than a fiver at the parts store. Got there and looked at it! Looked like like hell! Friggin electride not even straight! Made in China! What crap! Oh well, lets take another experiment!

Firstly, with the odd brige on the earth electrodes i had to beat the thing into submission to get the .6-.7mm gap I wanted as they are set up quite higher. All this was scarey enough!

I was wondering if it would work at all? Still looks crap! Mis-shapen crap! Anyway, I put it in the machine and it started first kick, rode the thing aound back a bit and seemed to work. Did not seem to change things too much, yet bike did seem to be a bit "poppier" don''t know, as purely subjective.

Mind you I have done other major carb changes with the OKO in recent past, so all this is a bit blurred, yet after a month or more of doing the normal routine of rocking the bike a bit to break the clutches and so, the friggin thing has started and ran perfectly on the first kick even in freezing weather and I am confuncted as to which to attribute that to? Carb or plug or combo? I cannot ever recall such luck?

Take your pick, more later! :lol:

Edited by copemech

Obviously, we have created a high water mark here in my ability to compose a full page presentation in a comprehendable fashion!

I am not a friggin English Major! I AM A gODDAM mECHANIC! I have the intellectual agility of a friggin SNAIL! For ME to type a full page with this OEN goddam finger is a real pain in the ass! It gave me pains today because of you lot! You lot of innappreacitive *******s! Go Get Screwed!

OK, I have corrected some typos! F--Off!

For ME to do a page is in itself the equallivent of Andy managing to get off his ass and change is own oil in the car! I want the goddam video of the fat ******* trying it!! Poofster!

Anyway, :)

Edited by copemech

Copey, you often mention the clutch springs on your bike,are they a problem?

All my Shercos' clutches have been the same,very,very light pull compared to any other motorbike...what's up dude ?(did you like that bit of Americanese at the end there?)

P.S. Got an iridium for Xmas so I will fit it and report back when the snow's gone.....that's June at this rate!

whats an E3 sparkie? some kind of all singing and dancing,improve your mpg/power/looks type of spark plug? 'scuse my ignorance but if they were any good then surely the manufacturers would be fitting them as standard. montesa/hrc didnt spend all that money developing my bike only for me to decide that they were wrong in their choice of spark plug

whats an E3 sparkie? some kind of all singing and dancing,improve your mpg/power/looks type of spark plug? 'scuse my ignorance but if they were any good then surely the manufacturers would be fitting them as standard. montesa/hrc didnt spend all that money developing my bike only for me to decide that they were wrong in their choice of spark plug

Obviously you are still on the 315, a 4rt will make you cry on sparkies!