2004 315r

monkeyboy

Hopefully a few members might be able to help me !?

I've recently bought a 2004 315r and am struggling to locate a new silencer for it.

I'm unsure if there are 3 parts or just 2 to the full system. The front pipe is in good unmarked condition but the silencer has been broken off at some point and is held on with an aluminium wrap and a couple of jubilee clips. It looks to me that the silencer is/has been riveted on to the part that emerges from the rear of the frame originally. Would i be right in assuming that this is correct and is for removing possibly for re packing ??

Any ideas where i might get a second hand or new part? Been watching on flea bay for a few weeks now bot no joy.

Thanks in advance

Edited by MoNkEyBoY

This is a link to a parts diagram of how the standard exhaust is - APEX INFO PAGE

The exhaust is 3 pieces, front pipe, mid box and silencer. The silencer slips onto the mid box but is only held in place with one bolt.

The silencer is easily repackable, the mid box has to be cut and welded.

Sandifords will have the standard silencer in stock or I got my WES silencer from BVM Moto i think.