Triumph Tr20

hondars250

Hi I've just purchased off a friend a TR20 with matching frame and engine nos, I've been told it could be a works bike as it only has a 3 numbers after the TR20 which is unusual. According to the story they began the production run on the TR20 110 and the first 15 were works riders and the one I've got falls within these numbers, but again I'm not sure it's just hear say as is it could have belonged to Roy Peplow??Any help or could you point me in the right direction. We also have lots of reg numbers and wonder if one could belong to this bike.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul - The best way to find the reg number is to contact Mike Estall who looks after the Cub register and has published the 'Cub Bible'. For a small fee he will let you have a dating certificate to say when and to where it was dispatched. Lots of other info available.

In 1967 I bought TR20 123 reg number BRB 495B. It was bought new in late 1964 by Arthur Hemsworth from a Derbyshire dealer.

Mike's book says that this was a 1965 model with the then new to the Cub outside spring forks and splined kickstart (much sought after).

I sold it for