How Rare In The U.s.a.?

sir dabs alot

post-8714-1269961930.jpgThe Bultacos,TY Yamahas, and Montesa are the most common.Genuine Yamaha Majestys are rare but clones are fairly common.Later Honda's seem to dominate the upper Vintage classes. SWM's are around and competitive ,but not common. Cheers, Jim Edited by Virginiatrials

post-8714-1269961930.jpgThe Bultacos,TY Yamahas, and Montesa are the most common.Genuine Yamaha Majestys are rare but clones are fairly common.Later Honda's seem to dominate the upper Vintage classes. SWM's are around and competitive ,but not common. Cheers, Jim

Honda dominates the upper vintage????

I'm not sure what you're saying, I thought Honda was pretty low on the totem pole with vintage event trials?????

I would agree with Jim. Later Honda's are more common and dominate. Most, or a lot of events consider any bike with twin shocks and drum brakes to be Vintage. So the later TLR's are plentiful and very competitive.

At least I think that's what Jim is saying.

SWM's were one of the most popular bikes in the '80's around here, never seen a Majesty in person, seems like each one of the bikes had it's day, every one had either Buls or Monts, the rest were Yamaha 175's, very few Kawi's or Honda's, the mono Yamaha seemed to be a turning point for technology, fantic, beta, aprilla, & Merlin all came on the scene.

I rode in the late 70's and very early 80's. I feel lost about 80's & 90's trials bikes. I never see any SWMs or Majesty's for sale, mostly TY's, TL's and a few Rl's and KT's. Ocasionally Montesa's and Bul's will pop up for sale usually in waves it seems. I like the looks of the SWMs and would like to check one out one day. I have seen a few Majesty's but not sure if they're the real thing or not.

:P Next time I see you , You'll have to take my Fantic for a Good ride ... And if you get a chance ride Bob's Majesty , I didn't at our last event , but the modern youngsters that did changed their minds about those "old twinshock bikes ..." must be something about the TRACTOR FACTOR in the GURU's engine ... And if you get the chance to see Bob's son ride his Honda , Your impression of the reflex will change forever !

Glenn

And our future historic Champ got his novogars on last weekend and started practicing ... Now to teach him how to shift etc. etc. etc.

And a few years ago I had two SWM's here to get running for local guy , I got them both going and I rode them abit ... Both were in sad shape , and didn't work correctly at all , but there is potential in them , pretty stout bikes , real simple too . But he came over and picked them up one sat. and moved on me ! Never really even said thank you ... You can see them here in my old shed ...

post-1232-1269986320.jpg

Edited by axulsuv

Glenn, that SWM looks REALLY thin!!!

I can't say that I've ever seen one in person...Uh bike :P

I didn't ride Bob's bike but did get a chance to ride Pee Wee's and Dick's bike. They are a world apart from mine......

Your rides just as good from what I can remember.

Is that your son that was all over the place on the trials bicycle?

Is that your son that was all over the place on the trials bicycle?

Yep ... Joe said I can come up and let Tyler practice anytime ... Now I hear about almost nothing else from Tyler .!

But he's got a little more work to do before I take him into the woods and cut him loose . :P:rotfl: