Strange Noise

benbeta23

Hi,

About a month ago this strange Tizz/High pitch Buzzing sound started on My 2010 Evo 290, Then the week after it dissapeared and didn't come back,

Strangly Yesterday it came back & it sounds as though to me it is coming somewhere from near the flywheel, had the ignition cover off and everything seems to be running ok inside, the noise has no effect on the engine, still runs perfect. At first i suspected it was the Fan rubbing against the radiator, but it wasn't that. The bike isn't overheating, the noise doesn't go away when you pull the clutch in, also noticed it only does it when the engine is warm, not when cold.

gearbox oil is ok and the bike is running perfectly fine, just a strange high pitch noise coming from near the flywheel area, Just wondering if anyone has had this problem on your Evo's

Thanks for your help,

Ben.

Try moving the cable that comes out of the casing with the engine running. My mates Rev 3 did it after fitting new electrics. The flywheel was slightly catching the cable. There are posts on here relating to the Evo flywheel wearing through the electrics. If you have a puller I would remove the flywheel anyway and have a look.

Try moving the cable that comes out of the casing with the engine running. My mates Rev 3 did it after fitting new electrics. The flywheel was slightly catching the cable. There are posts on here relating to the Evo flywheel wearing through the electrics. If you have a puller I would remove the flywheel anyway and have a look.

Brill mate, thanks for the advice, will give it a go!

Also forgot to mention the more you rev the bike, the louder it is.

Edited by GasGasben

• 2 weeks later...

No Idea as yet, the sound has now dissapeared again, hopefully going to take the flywheel off this week and take a look, still not had chance yet. Will keep you posted though when i know what was causing it.

Edited by GasGasben