Volcanic Chaos!

Andy

I'm driving 1,938km to ride the OK nats in a couple weeks..... from Thunder Bay, ON, Canada

Toronto Maple Leafs? Really? They really should change it to Leaves. A little bit of embarrasing Canadiana.

It's worth the drive just for the sh---ty beer! Drink all you like cause it has little alcohol in it ! :wall:

Will any airlines go bust ?

Will any government bail them out in the eventuality ?

I have a couple of friends that are Airline Pilots (long and shorthaul) and if the planes aren't flying by this Weds.................then aircrews/pilots and groundcrew will start to be laid off...............it is serious

Whether it's a short term layoff or permanent...............they don't know

Govt. bail out...................we're broke

Martin, I believe that might be Mr. English....

Wrong on both counts, but I am good friends with Andrew and the aforementioned Mr. English and the other Scottsman from TBay that everyone else knows.

Andrew and Mr. English and myself are headed to OK together, we're going to drop by the TTC for a few days on the way. Looking to be a fun week!

Steve, we havent met, but I saw the video from JE's recent visit. Wow! Looks like fun. Way to show a visitor a good time!

1660km is not really bad in US terms for some or most travellers.

I get the sense that they have over reacted on things as usual here! Seems most that stuff is in a rather narrow jetstream path at altitude, yet could mostly be excluded from the flight paths. If one is not catching excessive dust on the ground, there is little at low altitudes and cretainly not enough to stop transit. They do not stop flights to Arizona just because the wind blows! We get Red Sky here with dust storms!

Good piston motors with real air filters may become popular once again! :wall:

Well as per my original post, they have indeed overreacted, and we shall yet see the outcome of all this, pity! Government at work!

If they will just let the Airlines Pilots run the Airlines, please!

1660km is not really bad in US terms for some or most travellers.

I get the sense that they have over reacted on things as usual here! :wall:

It was 1325 miles in 20 hours plus waiting time at the tunnel. Average speed when driving 85-105 except when it rained across (yes you guessed it) the Spanish plains. Total distance double that to get back at 8pm moday but only got speed flashed twice in France so good result there! Not enjoyable!