First Timer At Ssdt....where To Go ?

cabby

As it says on the tin, I am thinking of taking the road bike thru to watch, have never been before and don't even know where to start going tbh.

I'm coming from Dundee, so thru Glencoe, and will only be holiday Monday I can make it, so should I just head in to Kinlochleven and walk places from there or is there any tips on where to go and watch ???

Thanks in advance ;)

If you're just going for Monday, the only place to be is Lagnaha (Kentallen village) on the Oban Road out of Ballachulish. Reet good spectatator venue, easy parking and plenty of sections. First rider due just after lunch so you'll have time to do a lap or two round Parc Ferme in Fort Bill.

If you're just going for Monday, the only place to be is Lagnaha

Agreed. Park up in the field at the community hall - cost you a donation, but worth it to support the local community and then drop into the hall for cuppa and a sandwich and try some of their home baking. I've not got a sweet tooth and rarely eat cakes etc, but what they have in there is to die for. All home-made too. Manna from heaven ;)

Visited the SSDT last year for the first time (when it was as wet out of the Loch as in it) strongly recommend the Lagnaha group of sections, plenty of sections/viewpoints & if you wait around you will see all the entry go through.

Agreed. Park up in the field at the community hall - cost you a donation, but worth it to support the local community and then drop into the hall for cuppa and a sandwich and try some of their home baking. I've not got a sweet tooth and rarely eat cakes etc, but what they have in there is to die for. All home-made too. Manna from heaven :P

...and the trick is to get there before Andy otherwise there's bugger all left ;)

• 8 months later...

Fort Bill's pretty safe as long as you've got a good lock. Most just park up outside the hotels but B&Bs should be able to give you safe off street parking or maybe a shed/garage.

If you'e reading this thread for the first time this year (2011) please note the route plan mentioned above is very old post. The route could be different in 2011.