Montesa 349 Engine Size?

bigplonker

Years back I had a Montesa 348 which I seem to remember, somewhat confusingly, had an engine size of 310cc. Have just checked the internet and discovered I was wrong - actual size was apparently 305.9cc(?). Interestingly, on the same site, the Montesa 349 is listed as having an engine size of 350cc. Is this right? Or should it be 305.9 like the 348 model? Would be grateful for clarification from any Monty anoraks out there! Many thanks.

Because of the chassis it was wrapped in... They actually made it much better with the Cota 350 model but it was too late as Fantics, Armstrongs etc were all better bikes with newer engine/chassis designs. Stopping and Hopping was in full flow (perhaps flow isn't the right word for stop and hop...) and the Mont wasn't as effective at that style of riding with its horrible Mont clutch. For today's classic trials though it's a very good bike, stonking engine and good suspension.