Fitting A Phbl26 Dellorto To M199

gg37

Hi There,

Has any body fitted a Dellorto PHBL26 to a M199 if so what jetting did you use.

Hope someone can help me I have fitted the carb to my bike it runs and starts ok but I would like to fine tune it a little more.

Thanking you.

Phil. : ^_^

Edited by GG37

Hi There,

Has any body fitted a Dellorto PHBL26 to a M199 if so what jetting did you use.

Hope someone can help me I have fitted the carb to my bike it runs and starts ok but I would like to fine tune it a little more.

Thanking you.

Phil. : :rolleyes:

Hi,

I have a a PHBL26BS on a M199A, jetting as below:

Needle D36 2nd notch from bottom

Needle Jet 270K

Pilot jet 34

Slide 60

Main Jet 100

Peter B who posts here sometimes has far greater experience than me, search PHB26BS and he'll come up. Gave me some good advice, watch the float level, it's often too high when the carb is new. I spent some time chasing jetting before I went back and reset the float level on Peter's advice. Once done it transformed the bike, crispness was back and it responds well to pilot jet changes and adjustments. It now runs very nicely on the Dellorto, easy to start, very clean at the bottom end and revs right out. I should mention I also repacked the exhaust and fitted the electronic ignition (ignition isn't a performance benefit I don't think just a maintenance reduction).

Cheers Iain

Sorry to change the topic -

Which electronic ignition do you have (electrexworks?), and what did you set the timing at please?

Hi

I have the Bultaco UK unit supplied in 2005-2006 ish, not sure if this is the same as the one Dave Renham currently supplies or if Electrex supplied it to Dave?

It's been really good, can't fault it. I strobed up the timing first time to a setting of 2.4MM BTDC, marked the base plate the match the case and job done. Starts everytime even when wet and is consistant, no variation as you can get with old or cheap points setup. More importantly the bike can stand for a year and needs only a splash of fuel and starts second kick.

I used 2.4MM BTDC as I like the bike 'soft', anymore advance and it seems to rush into the midrange too quick for me, I don't ride often enough to be any good.....so need all the help I can get. The Dellorto did go a fair way to correcting the surge to the midrange and making the bike much easier to ride.

I did notice when I strobed the ignition timing that it runs retarded (about 0.2mm) until you lift the revs above tickover, it then stabilizes at fixed setting it appears to hold throught the rev range. I set the 2.4MM BTDC at te higher rev level.

Cheers

Iain