Hardest Bike To Work On

wonder boy

vote for the hardest bike to work on (general things)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. vote for the hardest bike to work on (general things)

• Montesa
    • Beta
    • Scorpa
    • Gas Gas
    • Sherco

Rekon it must be the Gas Gas, They seem to need the most work most often. The scorpa surprised me, although it is tricky to work on, you dont seem to get many problems. Probably resulting in less overall working time.

maybe?

The hardest bike to work on is the one that broke on the back part of the trail and you decided that you did not need the fanny pack with tools in it to do this final lap :P

Thank goodness trials riders are such a friendly bunch!

I think everyone that passed us stopped and offered to help or go get us something or whatever they could do to get us out of a bind.

I have been extremely pleased working on my Sherco's that everything has been accessible with relative ease.

I have spun a wrench on each make at least a time or two. From experience they all have features that make some part of them better and worse than the others.

With that being said, if you are talking genral maintiance, there is nothing easier than a Beta. Two screws for the airfilter, two for oil changes. On either operation here you do not need to touch any other part of the bike to handle the task at hand. Same with the carb. No disassembly needed. On top of that I dont find the Beta to need much to keep it in top shape.

Aaron