New Grips

wildwilly1960

Hi Willy,

My method;

Remove old grips and clean bar end and throttle body (I use thinners or lighter fluid), dry with a clean cloth.

Steal Mrs Wifes hairsray and generously coat all surfaces.

Slip on new grips and leave overnight

Bosh - jobs a good'un

I've never had a problem with grips slipping off using that method but I'm not a 'push it to the max' kind of rider (more of a 'push it out the section' kind of rider). You can get grip glue if you so desire and use a wire 'tourniquet' to be extra sure?

GJ :banana2:

Hi All

Newbie to the trials scene, what is the best way to put on new grips ?

Thanks

William

Use a Dremel tool with the little sanding drum attachment to carefully take out the ends so that your Ali bar ends like them! :banana2:

Best method i find take old ones off, knife, clean bar ends where grips going on with a spray of break cleaner, quick spray of break cleaner in new grips, and on bar end, push new grip on easly goes on job done, leave for few hours, grips tighten break cleaner evaporates

another method take old ones off get grip started and with a airline blow in the grip whilst pushing go straight on

I second the brake cleaner/compressed air technique. I also wire them 'cause I sometime put the 'death grip' on the bars when I'm struggling.

FYI I've got a dirt bike buddy (MX only) that uses lube under his grips so they rotate, he swears this helps cure arm pump and teaches you to use more correct input. Go figure.

Clean the bar ends good, maybe even sandpaper to rough em up a bit, wipe dry with brake clean or Carb cleaner. When thoroughly dry, fill grips with water and empty, this acts as a lubricant but dries quickly. Push/pump grips into place.