Sy250 Front Brake Won't Bleed

martymc2010

Hi

I have been trying with no sucess to bleed my front brake after taking it down to free up the pistons. I have tried it with syringe pushing the fluid from the nipple up to the resivoir, also left it all night with the lever pressed in to let gravity do its thing still nothing! Im letting it sit now with the bleed nipple removed,resivoir cover off, lever in and fingers crossed!

Regards

Marty

Edited by martymc2010

Gday Marty, let that lever go! Check first that you have some clearance between the lever and piston. Then with the bleeder closed, gently and slowly just crack the lever -you move it around 10mm at the end and repeat endlessly. After a bit you should see some bubbles emerging from the ports in the m/cyl. Keep going until thesee bubbles stop. You might have to roll the cylinder around the bars a bit to get all the trapped air out that you can. It also helps to tap the line and fittings with a screwdriver handle to help the bubbles move up and out. When this is done you can finish off normally. Be patient, it takes a while.

Cheers,

Stork.

Thanks, It worked!!! I kept cracking the lever whilst tapping everything untill the bubbles stopped and the fluid scoots out of the resivoir, still a little spongey and holding a little but going to take a run anyway. cheers

Edited by martymc2010

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...