"my" Rtls

panerai

49145_DSC_4648.jpg

38844_DSC_4651.jpg

Superb Franck, your work is just so good, I could stare at it all day and :0)......|

Wish someone was doing these parts commercially, I know atleast 4 RTL owners who would be beating the door down to get hold anything available. Sadly my RTL can never be so good, as I am not a gifted engineer (even in my dreams) and most of what you have done cannot be had as no one is willing to make it. So mine will be a hybrid of parts that either fit or will fit with a little modification.

Can you, by any chance please Franck, bring your bike to Telford, so we can see it in the flesh.

Franck the attention to detail is very good, love the factory look fuel gauge on the shelter, with your alloy tank. Very well done Franck.

I see you have fitted a differant rear brake master cylinder, is that due to the lower foot peg mounts, they do look very low, or is it because it works better with your trick billet machined rear caliper?

What make is that rear silencer, is it a Mitani?

Edited by shedracer

My rear master cylinder is a Brembo, its bore size is different from std, the fitting is in the same spirit from the 270...

The rear std brake is a ****, its don't brake good, mine is OK :D

Other transformation are already started...

Kcnarf.

Ps: to you to show your works, show me your motorcycle :huh:

• Like 1

My rear master cylinder is a Brembo, its bore size is different from std, the fitting is in the same spirit from the 270...

The rear std brake is a ****, its don't brake good, mine is OK :D

Other transformation are already started...

Kcnarf.

Ps: to you to show your works, show me your motorcycle :huh:

Franck I hope to have my bike built and finished maybe in a month or two's time, but I will post some photos of some of the work I have done so far in the next few days, promise. ;-)

Edited by shedracer

As promised, here's a couple of photos, but still work in progress at the moment. Lots to do and a bit frustrating, as its not progressing as fast as I'd hoped, but will get there eventually. The engine has been totally stripped, renovated and powder coated, by Derrick Edmondson Racing. The carb has been stripped down, ultrasonic cleaned and then Aqua blasted and finally re-ultrasonic cleaned. The results are very good, so hope the rest of bike comes out as good. The frame is currently being worked on, as I'm going to have modern footrest mounts, as I couldn't get on with the original tiny foot pegs.

Not quite up to Franck's standard, but will still be a great bike to ride and enjoy.

Franck, is there any chance you could take some close up photo of your oil cooler setup please, look very interesting. Thanks.

239d6c6463706a5a3bb4b79751d8b3f1.jpg

dc808e7df368ef4f9886d1a740529d9f.jpg

Edited by shedracer
  • Like 3

Hi, Yves (Kerlo) is one who has rebuilt the framework by looking at pictures, me I am the one who has finished the framework and which has rebuilt engine... (crankcase broken, missing clutch, 100% of kick system missing also...etc)

two years of work for me but now the bike works perfectly :)

Kcnarf.

• 8 months later...

Franck, your bike has got to be one of the trickest trial bikes going, outside a full factory works bike, such as Toni and Fuji's works Honda's.

Love the work you are doing, you need to bring it to Telford show next year. It's a shame you don't setup a business to manufacture parts like this for sale.

Anyway good work and carry on, look forward to one day seeing your bike in the flesh, rather than just in photographs. How about a YouTube video, showing us some quality Video footage of the bike and it being ridden.

Edited by shedracer
  • Like 1

Très belle bravo !!!

it will take one day we meet...

315' full front fork, wheels' hub is talon ? how did you do to adjust the rear brake caliper ? pictures ?

En Français dans le texte : encore bravo

Franck.

Thanks.

Made a prototype out of clay and then got a small bracket made (not how I wanted it :( ) to use a modified 4rt rear caliper, so it adjusts like the original. Forks and triple clamps are 4rt, hubs are talon.

post-14348-0-98690500-1448823535_thumb.jpeg