Ti Pipes- Short Or Long

supermotodaz

Just wondered who,s had first hand experience of using the s3 titanium pipes and who has used what length pipe on a 290 sherco, i know long is smoother power delivery for the 250-290 and short is meant to be for the 125 but have heard the top riders use the short pipe on the bigger bikes .

What sort of differance does it make using either length on a 290 sherco or 280 gas gas .

Cheer,s

Daz

Just wondered who,s had first hand experience of using the s3 titanium pipes and who has used what length pipe on a 290 sherco, i know long is smoother power delivery for the 250-290 and short is meant to be for the 125 but have heard the top riders use the short pipe on the bigger bikes .

What sort of differance does it make using either length on a 290 sherco or 280 gas gas .

Cheer,s

Daz

Daz,

Everything else being equal, a shorter headpipe tends to favor torque production in a higher RPM range than a longer headpipe.

Jon

i had the short one daz on my 2010 made it very revy and brought 4th gear down to useable gear.
l

Just found out tats that there,s only one length on the Sherco,s, didn,t realise, same pipe all models but there,s an insert for the 125,s, Gas Gas different though short and long available.