Charging Question

manfred

Please excuse my english - I am from Austria.

Since yesterday my 6 year old son is the proud owner of a OSET 16.0.

But I am a bit confused about the charging instructions.

The english manual states the following:

"Always connect the charger to the AC power source before connecting the charger to the bike"

"Always disconnect the charger from the bike before disconnecting the charger from the AC power source"

My "german" manual tells me the exact opposite:

"Always connect the charger to the bike before connecting the charger to the AC power source"

"Always disconnect the charger from the AC power source before disconnecting the charger from the bike"

Question: What is the right procedure and why is it so important to do it exactly like this?

I have experienced that the charger gets rather hot while charging the OSET. Is this normal?

Thanks for your help.

Manfred

We have used an OSET 16 for nearly three years now. We have not had any problems with the charging and we have not taken any precautions regarding the connection and disconnection sequence to bike and mains power.

How hot is the charger getting? Our charger casing gets to about 45 degrees Celcius. Ours hangs in space from the mains cord so is well ventilated.

Edited by feetupfun

Thanks for your reply - just checked the temperature on my charger - it is 47 degrees Celsius - so I guess thats normal.

If you have not had any problems with your charger regarding the connection and disconnection sequence it might not be

that important.

Thanks again.

Manfred