Plans For Side Car

millerme

• 2 years later...

I have come across a french blog about sidecar trials. It is packed with photos and chat about building outfits and can be found at " le-side-car-trial.allmyblog.com" It's very good ! and has certainly given me food for thought.

Hope this is helpful. I have purchased a wheel for my side car project and drawn up some plans. I will start cutting steel next week.

• 3 months later...

building sidecars isn't an exact science. If you cheat...make the width say one inch under the minimum ACU regulation, then you have a distinct advantage, as most sections are 'tight' with regard to fitting the outfit through. As for sidecar wheel lead ( the amount of inches the side car leads the back wheel) less lead the sidecar turns left easier, but more likely to tip over on left hand cambers. (talking here about sidecar on left english)........is that Robin our famous Robin..35 times Brit champ and Brucey, how's our little Tracy

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a lot of looking about on the internet I finally bit the bullet and started bending some pipe! This is what my fourteen year old son and I came up with. so far it's been a very steep learning curve riding it. But huge fun.post-2720-0-44993700-1365715903_thumb.jpg

So go on give it a go!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...