Econo 250 Or 280

lankydoug

Not sure you can say its an upgrade, as its a 2010 motor in a 2008 frame. Steel front pipe and none of the nicer bits, however probably a realistic way to get a new bike on a budget.

I meant is it worth the extra money to upgrade to the TXT and if you have ridden the Econo model how much of a difference was it to not have the nicer bits?

I meant is it worth the extra money to upgrade to the TXT and if you have ridden the Econo model how much of a difference was it to not have the nicer bits?

The Econo is the equivalant to an 08 "pro" with an 2010 engine, and using up leftover parts from earlier years of production. In 09 they completely revamped the frames. and some other bits like shocks and forks, tires rims etc... the Econo would apparently not use any of this, as well some other leftover parts assembleys. the bike has tube type tire I hear. I realy dont know how much that saves you in the long run? and the rest should be just like they sold in 08 or say 06 at the worst (if you count the chrome headpipe vs titanium headpipe on the newer bikes), just like they say in add pages, makes the bike a lot cheaper to purchase new. You could always accumulate these same bits over time.

But if you are already riding an older "pro" model gasgas, you would only be getting the newer engine IMHO. I ride an 06 300 "pro" and I will state outloud, that the bike isnt holding me back in any shape or form, in fact in the next few months I will be finding out if the 06 fits me better than the soon to inherit 08? Raga prototype of the same cc...

I am looking to get into trials so because I will be a beginner I doubt if any decent bike would be holding me back for a while. I'm just trying to decide if I should buy and Econo and convert the rear to tubless or get a used or left over pro model.