How To Polish My Frame

pudrev3

hey folks,can anybody advise me on the best way to polish my frame.

i have a beta 04 and its got the usual scratches on the swing arm and frame, im thinking of getting a soft grinder to get the bad ones out then go down in the courses of fine sand paper then some rubbing compound,is that the best way or does anybody know a better way,cheers guys:)

hey folks,can anybody advise me on the best way to polish my frame.

i have a beta 04 and its got the usual scratches on the swing arm and frame, im thinking of getting a soft grinder to get the bad ones out then go down in the courses of fine sand paper then some rubbing compound,is that the best way or does anybody know a better way,cheers guys:)

These components have a hard anodized finish on the ali. One cannot just polish a spot out as there is no stopping point. Stripping and polishing the entire thing is a massive job, even if the scratches are not too deep to be unrepairable. Not recomended, yet it has been done. May be more work than the bike is worth, but if you want a show machine? Otherwise, find more stickers! :thumbup:

I have done 2. 04 and a 06. Take bike apart to bare frame. 320 grit on a DA sander and finish up with hands in spots the DA cant get. Buff out with proper polishing compound and wheel. Looks great all back together. More work keeping it lookin good after use..

Aaron