Mikuni on a Sherpa T?

sherpat250

Has anyone tried fitting a flat slide Mukuni 28mm carby to a Sherpa T? I ordered one and would like to know what to expect. Anything to watch out for as far as tuning, throttle control, etc?

Not so far, I'am also searching a replacement to my worn out BING, (the slider shutters around inside the carb, slider and sadly the barrel of the arbbody is worn out in the lower section. I know that a Dell'Orto VHST 28mm will go too and should improve throttel response and gas consumption.

This is discussed and shown in Zonatrial in Spain:

Superpreparaci

Thanks for the reply. I can tell you that I installed the Mikuni 28 mm (from Hugh's Bultaco in the US)on the bike and it runs very well. I didn't even need to adjust anything on it. One thing to keep in mind is that you will need the flange adapter kit, and you may need a new carb manifold that angles to the left in order to get enough clearance for the muffler. Mine needed this special manifold, and Hugh's was able to find it for me. Best of luck to you!