Suspension Linkage

pistonbroke

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

funny but as i haven't had a sherco for a few years i thought it was a money saving thing but maybe not?

Might save money to the rider over time as compared to those bearing. I was going to try the bronze if I needed them, anyway. Suppose this just confirms it.

Still think they will require lots of good grease an overpacking to keep water out, but should not suffer from the corrosion problems of the others.

Wonder if they did the brake pedal as well? I did that one , what, over two years ago? I is still fine. :rolleyes:

I just repacked my late model 2010 2.9 and noticed that the linkage uses bushings instead of bearings. I'm not sure when the 2010s started getting these.

Thanks for sharing that with us :thumbup:

Did you notice any wear on those bushes?

Best of balance.

Neo

Thanks for sharing that with us :thumbup:

Did you notice any wear on those bushes?

Best of balance.

Neo

I'll check when I get home, as I'm not completely done, but the only damage I noticed was some minor surface rust and corrosion. This leads me to believe they're made of steel, not brass.

I'll check when I get home, as I'm not completely done, but the only damage I noticed was some minor surface rust and corrosion. This leads me to believe they're made of steel, not brass.

Just for clarification, the little tophat things(inserts or inner race) should be steel I would think, and will rust with water incursion, this I would call the bushing.

The part that these go into, roller bearing or other, I would call the "bearing", and I am thinking the new ones are of bronze material(yellow metal), which in itself should not rust.

There are other possible material combinations here, yet normally not simlar materials. :rolleyes:

Just for clarification, the little tophat things(inserts or inner race) should be steel I would think, and will rust with water incursion, this I would call the bushing.

The part that these go into, roller bearing or other, I would call the "bearing", and I am thinking the new ones are of bronze material(yellow metal), which in itself should not rust.

There are other possible material combinations here, yet normally not simlar materials. :rolleyes:

Correct. :agreed: