bike rack or trailer

bondy

hi all im unsure witch to get rack or trailer im going down cornwall next year with my bult would a bike rack be ok all that way or would i be beter off with a trailer? thing is my wife will be driving as i dont not sayin she cant drive ??????? ah ah but im just thinking with a trailer might be abit scary :chairfall:

Ive had trailers for twenty years and now use a bike rack which is fantastic on me Astra coupe 19cdti, cant tell its on the back unlike a trailer which bounces the car on bumpy roads.

You can only do 50 MPH :wall: on the motorway towing i believe, but 90 MPH :agreed: with a rack

I carry a Bultaco 198 Sherpa on a Dave Cooper rack, the big issue is will your vehicle take the weight.

Bike and rack is a 100Kg, will the tow bar nose weight on your vehicle take this.

The rack is great as you can legally drive at the motorway speed limit.

I carry a Bultaco 198 Sherpa on a Dave Cooper rack, the big issue is will your vehicle take the weight.

Bike and rack is a 100Kg, will the tow bar nose weight on your vehicle take this.

The rack is great as you can legally drive at the motorway speed limit.

uve made my mind up dave cooper it is we have a peugoet 406 salloon hdi will this be ok? the other question is i know you just need a standard two bolt flange towbar what do i ask my local towbar fitter do some towbars take more weight? thanks for your addvice

Ive had trailers for twenty years and now use a bike rack which is fantastic on me Astra coupe 19cdti, cant tell its on the back unlike a trailer which bounces the car on bumpy roads.

You can only do 50 MPH :wall: on the motorway towing i believe, but 90 MPH :agreed: with a rack

hi do you have to inform your insurance about carrying a bick on the rack i know what there like if they can get out off paying you they will no but there ok ripping us off every year :crying:

uve made my mind up dave cooper it is we have a peugoet 406 salloon hdi will this be ok? the other question is i know you just need a standard two bolt flange towbar what do i ask my local towbar fitter do some towbars take more weight? thanks for your addvice